CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 4, 2010

It's been a while!

Sorry I haven't posted something in what seems like forever! I have been on a 2 week break from school, and honestly I have only been on my machine, I think, like 4 times. BAD ME!!

But, I really needed a break since court reporting is an every day thing, and I think when you become burnt out, that's not good! You need some kinda days off! I recently got back from a 3-day Mexico cruise and it was so much fun! (Much needed, too.) :)

So anyway, I practiced last Wednesday (the 3rd) and I forgot to post a blog on what/how I practiced.

This is what my schedule was like for Wednesday:
Started off by looking at my rolodex of briefs (just started from the beginning) and stroked those out several times each for about 45 minutes, and added what didn't translate into my personal dictionary.

Then I worked on some dictation material that the court reporting director uploaded onto my laptop. One of the exercises was phrases that ended in dashes (in a Q/A format) which was dictated at a nice easy pace of 120wpm. I went through that about 4 times. That was a good exercise! And I think you can get it on www.courtreportinghelp.com.

After that I worked on stroking out addresses which was dictated at 100wpm. I worked on accuracy.

Then I finished with a 180 literary dictation for about 30 minutes. I didn't type for very long it seemed like, and I honestly kind of jumped around in my exercises that day. Not too sure if that's the right thing to do, but I'm trying to work every session like this: brush up on briefs, work on accuracy, and push. (At LEAST get those 3 components in).


--Alyson

0 comments:

Post a Comment