Good morning, everyone!
Just woke up a little while ago. Today my speedbuilding classes were canceled because we were short a couple of the readers. So I guess that means it's up to me to not be lazy and jump on my machine to get a little practice time in! Thinking about practicing to some 180-200 4-voice DVD's, and then some 225 Jury Charge.
Tomorrow is also the CSR test in Los Angeles, so congrats to everyone who has gotten to that point, and good luck! I actually went to the CSR in Los Angeles this past March with some girls from my school (we're all at the same speed.) Of course, this was only for practice and to see how the set up was. I encourage everyone to go and check it out! I didn't actually take the CSR, but every time they do have the CSR, they always have practice sessions the night before and the morning of the test. These practice sessions are great! And that's what the girls and I did from my school.
On another note, I was on YouTube this morning, and I'm subscribed to Mark Kislingbury's videos. (In case someone doesn't know who he is, he holds the award for the fastest writer at 360wpm!) His name is 'magumsteno' in case you would like to subscribe as well. Here is one of his videos that was intriguing to me:
I was taught StenEd Theory and I've always been trying to shorten my writing; however, he shortens his to such an extent that I do not know how he memorizes all those 3 or 4 word phrases! To me it just sounds like it would be difficult to memorize those all, especially if you do not hear them very often. I also don't know how easy it would be for me to try to read all these one-word strokes that I have in my notes. For now, I am just trying to find briefs for words that I am having to do 3 or 4 strokes on. I believe that will help me with my speed. Thoughts?
XO, Aly

0 comments:
Post a Comment