CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Practice

Today I was feeling motivated to do some steno practice, so I did some! I wanted something interesting, though, so I practiced to A&E's documentary of Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker. It was a really good push because the narrator talked at a pretty quick speed. That lasted about 40 minutes, so it was good practice.

I have also decided that every day that I'm at school, since I get there about 20 minutes early, I am going to make use of that time and practice briefs. Try to memorize at least 15 or more a day. So that would be 20 minutes before school even starts, and then 5 minutes before each new period begins that I could be memorizing briefs.. totalling about 30 minutes a day. Hopefully this will help me to get these faster speeds down since I only need to pass 2 more tests to officially be done with school!! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. I believe that, realistically, I will probably be ready to take the next CSR exam in February 2012, since you have to apply and pay for the exam at least one month before you take it.

Here is a list of briefs that I was memorizing today:

Evidentiary = EVRD
Repudiate = PAOU
Repudiation = PAOUGS
Constituded = TAOUT/D
Constitute = TAOUT
Abritrate = ARB
Arbitration = AERBGS
Substantive = STIV
Kidnap = KIP
Consent = SKENT
Demonstrate = DRAEUT
Boulevard = BL-FD
Knowingly = NOELG

XO, Aly

2 comments:

Christine StenoNerd said...

Thanks for the great briefs!

BTW, what school do you go to?

Aly said...

No problem! :) I go to Taft College.

Post a Comment